AR631 DSMX 6-Channel AS3X & SAFE Receiver
(1) Spektrum AR631 AS3X Telemetry Receiver
(1) Product Manual
The Spektrum AR631 AS3X Telemetry Receiver is a DSM2 and DSMX capable receiver. Its compact footprint is designed to fit in a wide range of aircraft models including park flyers and larger sport models. The AR631 is a full range 6-channel receiver with built in AS3X and SAFE stabilization, which counters the effects of wind, turbulence and torque using 3-axis MEMS gyro and exclusive flight control software tuned by expert RC pilots. There is no delay in control response or limits on control throws. You’ll simply feel like you’re flying an expertly tuned model that does exactly what you want.
- 230mm Antenna for more versatile installation options
- Built in AS3X Stabilization System with SAFE flight envelope protection
- AS3X and SAFE set up through forward programming directly from your Spektrum transmitter
- Ready to use with Spektrum Smart ESC for one-wire telemetry data without the need of modules, links and wires
- Streamlined, top-pin design in a lightweight hard-case
- Bind button allows for easy binding and eliminates the need for bind plug
- DSMX protocol receiver with DSM2 backwards compatibility
- Fly-by range telemetry support
- Standard servo connectors
*Please note – Using this receiver in turbine powered aircraft models is not recommended
The AR631 features fly-by range telemetry and a bind button that makes it easy to bind with no plugs necessary and offers both SmartSafe technology and Hold Last as well as preset failsafe types set through forward programming. A long 230mm 2.4gHz antenna, perfect for getting optimal reception when installed into tight spaces. The AR631 also features Smart Telemetry support.
With Smart Technology the normal servo connector delivers the throttle signal to the ESC, plus the ESC can send telemetry data like voltage and current back to the receiver. The AR631 receiver throttle port (Channel 1 port only) will automatically detect when a Smart compatible ESC is connected. ESCs with Smart and IC series connectors can also pass along battery data from compatible Spektrum Smart batteries. Spektrum Avian™ ESCs are compatible with the AR631 receiver for Smart Technology features.
For Smart to function you must have a Smart ESC paired with a Smart telemetry receiver, and a Spektrum DSMX transmitter with telemetry. An update for your transmitter may be required for Smart features. Visit spektrum.com to register and update your transmitter. If a standard ESC or servo is plugged into the throttle port on the AR631 receiver, the throttle port will operate normally (PWM signal) like any conventional RC system.
Please Note: These transmitters do not support Forward Programming devices: DX6i, DX6G2 (EU Version), DX7, DX7S, DX7SE, DX7G2 (EU Version), DX8, Non-computer transmitters