Aviation Design Rafale 1/5 Scale Jet
CALL TO ORDER for current color schemes, pricing, and shipping availability.
AVIATION DESIGN KIT DESIGNED BY ÉRIC RANTET
The Rafale was completely designed from Catia CAD software and the plugs were milled using state-of-the-art CNC 5 axis machines. All panel lines, hatches and all rivets were engraved in the model. It contains many scale details.
The model can be made in 3 different versions: Rafale C single seater, Rafale B twin seater or Rafale M (navy version) single seater with its specific carrier landing gear.
The turbines and all other components including landing gear and servos were also integrated at the CAD design stage for a perfect match.
either a single 30 to 33 kg thrust turbine (B300F, B330F, P300) or twin 16 to 18 kg thrust turbine (P160, P180).
It incorporates special inlets and ducting for both versions.
• the model is grey painted in mold, all bulkheads are glued in the airframe, all control surface are hinged. No important gluing are required. All the composite components of the kit are produced in house by aero certified technicians who also work on the most advanced European UAVs and aerospace vehicles;
• the fuselage is produced from glass & carbon fiber and reinforced with an internal plywood structure and very strong gear support to accept bad landing without trouble;
• the wings, canards and tail fin are produced from Airex sandwich that is vacuum molded and reinforced with carbon fiber layups in lots of areas. They include an internal plywood structure;
• the wing tube is made from a large aero grade AU4G tube for the main spare and carbon tube for the front spare designed to withstand the worse abuse;
• rudder and canards are fitted with carbon rod and tubes. These tubes are also used in house for the UAVs.The landing gear was entirely designed on CAD and is CNC machined from our eastern European supplier. It is operated by large pneumatic actuators and unique custom design retract mechanism all made from aero grade aluminum. Front oleo legs is CNC machined from aluminum, main oleo legs are made from steel tube covered by scale plastic covers. All functional cisors are made in aluminium and are oversized for grass operation.
A special front landing gear was CAD design for the Navy version to exactly replicate the proper cinematics of the real airplane. It is fully CNC machined from solid block and highly detailed. The front fuselage structure is also specific for the Navy front gear.
The tires are custom produced to be exactly scale.
The 2 fuel tanks are made in Kevlar with a 8.6 liters of total capacity which gives a comfortable endurance of 8 to 12 minutes in all motoring configurations.
The plane comes at 28 kgs dry and 35 kgs takeoff weight for the single engine version. The model has plug in wings and tails and removable nose cone for easier transportation.
The Rafale has also a large top fuselage hatch to give an excellent access to the turbine, fuel system and tailpipe.
The kit comes with a full set of building instructions in English language and complete tuning guidance on a CD Rom.
The flying characteristics of this model are outstanding. Scale aerobatics are easily achieved with the recommended powerplant options as well as very low speed capability. The Rafale is really incredible in flight. It is very aerobatics with an incredible high angle of attack capacity. Flights are very realistic and impressive with the sounds of the large turbines…
- SCALE : 1/5
- WINGSPAN : 2.12 m
- LENGTH : 3.20 m
- DRY WEIGHT : 28 Kg
- TAKE OFF WEIGHT : 35 Kg
- FUEL CAPACITY : 8.6 liters
TURBINE : Depending on Version Type.
- 2 x 16 TO 18 kg TURBINES
- 1 x 30 TO 33 kg TURBINE
There are no reviews yet.