Chengdu J-10 3D (McLaren Scheme)
CALL TO ORDER
The McLaren Scheme is a very eye-catching color scheme, which actually fits well on every sport or scale plane. It combines black, silver and orange and looks really good in the blue sky. The scheme started out as a custom scheme on our UltraFlash and customers all over the world were asking us to put it on many different airplanes over time. So, it became a stock scheme on our J-10, too.
A design of the Elster Jet Team – Ralph Losemann and Enrico Thaeter.
Why invent the wheel if somebody already did it? Why not build on a successful concept and perfect it with decades of all composite production experience? That way put a jet airplane on the market which is going to be the ultimate milestone for extreme light weight construction, structural strength and 3D aerobatic performance? CARF Models thought so and teamed up with Ralph and Enrico to rework and kit their world famous J-10 model, which they had initially scratch built and perfected over 4 flying seasons. CARF Models added in their production experience, their sense for scale appearance and created something really unique on the model jet market. The idea was to make this breathtaking design available to all modelers with a desire to experience 3D Jet performance at its BEST!
So, what do you get with a CARF Models J-10 kit? Basically, the typical CARF values and so much more:
- Light weight total area vacuum sandwich parts from glass, Kevlar and carbon
- Original design features taken over from the original airplane such as engine position, thrust vector design, fuselage separation, canard installation
- Serious facelift at nose, canopy and fin area, improving scale appearance
- Ultra strong and light weight landing gear mounts, installed with complex jigs right in the molds
- Air-foils and other dimensions unchanged
- Fuel tanks, plumbing materials and a thrust vector „tumble tube“ with all linkages and mounts
- A comprehensive manual made by the designers of the original plane and other accessories.
The CARF Models Chengdu J-10 will always be a very special product with the potential to follow the legacy of world famous designs such as Kangaroo, Flash/Ultra Flash and Eurosport. We at CARF Models are thankful and proud that Ralph and Enrico have entrusted us to carry their J-10 to the next level and make her available to all of you!
- Wingspan: 63″ (1610 mm)
- Length: 101″ (2580 mm)
- Weight: 24 Lbs (11 kg) dry
- Engine: 180 N
- Servos: 7 high power servos
Shipping Quotes displayed on website are not accurate!
- Shipping boxes are Oversized.
- Due to dimensional weight calculations, shipping quotes may vary and additional shipping charges may apply. Unable to ship to some countries, International customers must contact us for a shipping quote!