Features / functions of the ECU
- High-performance 16/32 bit microcontroller of the latest generation, with generously dimensioned program and data memory. Integrated failsafe counter with evaluation and display of the number and duration of errors. This can be used to assess the quality of the radio link after landing.
- Thanks to the integrated flash program memory, software updates can easily be imported from the outside via the serial interface.
- Programmable failsafe behavior. The Hold and Failsafe times as well as the FailSafe speed can be programmed.
- USB / RS232 interface for computer connection (allows complete control of one or more turbines via a computer)
- Switchable start mode: propane start or kerosene start
- Turbine control optionally via one or two channels
- Direct start and control of the turbine from the GSU, even without the remote control transmitter.
- Functions for easy starting of several turbines connected in parallel on the receiver side (e.g. for multi-engine models)
- Activatable gas release function (when starting the gas) after the turbine has been successfully started (there is no more gas on board during flight).
- Activatable warning functions via the smoker valve, generates warning signals in case of battery undervoltage, empty tank, or FailSafe.
- Integrated data logger function. The data of the last 13 minutes of operation (800 data records) are saved with a resolution of one second and can be read out using the PC software. The data remains stored even after a power failure. In addition, the last 8 operating seconds before the turbine was switched off are saved with a resolution of 0.2 seconds. This allows a precise error diagnosis.
- Input for airspeed sensor for measuring / regulating / limiting the airspeed of the model.
- Intelligent “Run” menu: The information displayed is switched depending on the operating status.
- Extended test and diagnostic functions for pumps, valves and sensors.
- Auto power down function, ECU switches itself off after cooling down (RC system can be switched off, ECU remains ON until cooling down is finished).
- Tolerant error detection of the connected sensors. If the sensor is defective, the turbine is not rigorously switched off, but an emergency operation is activated, which normally enables the flight to be safely ended. After landing, a restart is only possible after troubleshooting.
Additional features ECU V12.0:
Barometric pressure and altitude sensor
Integrated telemetry converter for:
- Graupner HOTT
- Futaba S-BUS2
- Multiplex MSB
USB interface for:
- Online software updates
- Reading out the integrated data logger
- Remote control of the turbine and display of turbine parameters via computer
Input voltage: 7-15
Dimensions: (L: 54 mm, W: 34 mm, H: 11 mm)